Friday, December 27, 2013

Goals for 2014

I'm back! I've been using other blog names for the past 2-3 years and none of them have really stuck to me. With the new year and everything, I wanted to start a new blog. When thinking of a new name, I stumbled upon my older blogs, including this one. I looked at the name and wondered why I ever got rid of it. It's a cute name and I love it. I have no clue why I got rid of this blog. I was going to start off fresh and hide all the old posts. Then I started reading them. I decided to go ahead and keep 100 of my favorite posts so I can go back and read them, reflect, and notice my growth.

The new year is just around the corner and I have plenty of goals, as always. Hopefully this year will be different and not just another year full of empty promises and broken goals. I decided to scrap my goals for my 101 challenge and start fresh with that challenge as well. I won't be creating a post for it on this blog, but you can find my list at the day zero project site here. The challenge will be from Jan 3, 2014 to Sept 30, 2016. The end date is my dad's birthday. Another project I will be doing is Project Life. I'm doing mine on a birthday-to-birthday timeline. I've been doing a lot of traveling this year so I've only been able to complete two months' worth of layouts so far. I'll be back home in April, with only one month until the end of my Project Life year. I promised myself that I would finish my first year before the start of my second year. I'm not able to physically complete my layouts before April, so until then, I will map out the layouts with pencil and paper. I will figure out what photos I'm going to use, then edit them and order them. I'll have them sent home and waiting for me when I get there. It's always a bonus to come home with a package waiting for you.

Day Zero also had an area where I can create New Year's resolutions. It's an alternative version to the regular resolutions. Here are my answers to their poll:

  1. Learn how to DIY and remodel
  2. Start exercising three times a week
  3. Stop going to bed after two am
  4. Take a vacation to California and Route 66
  5. Find myself and who I am
  6. Try more slow cooker recipes
  7. Be more productive

With that being said, my One Little Word for this year is Productive. I really want to take Ali's workshop to help me stay focused on my word, but I don't think I will be able to afford it. It's a year-long workshop so I'm sure it will be worth it. But we'll see.

What are your goals for the New Year? Is anyone else doing the 101 challenge, Project Life, or One Little Word?

No comments: