Sunday, October 11, 2009

This has been a great week!

**This post was part of my old 101 challenge blog, and was merged over.

I have accomplished a lot this past week. I haven't completed any more goals, mainly because most of my goals will take a while to finish. However, I have worked a lot on these goals, and I should be able to complete some of them by the end of this year. As for what I've done this past week, are are some snapshots and updates.

001. Read 50 books [1/50]: I have FINALLY finished my first book. I have to admit, it wasn't that great. It has a nice story but I guess I just wasn't interested in it. The book is called Second Chance, by Jane Green. I've read a few of her other books, but this one just wasn't as good as the rest. Its about a group of people who were best friends in school but haven't keep in touch in about 20 years. They are reunited again after one of them dies in a terrible tragedy. The tragedy causes everyone to re-question their life. There are 5 original friends, 2 guys and 3 girls. One of the guys in the one who dies in the tragedy. The main story has individual stories in it about the 5 characters. It keeps jumping back and forth between the characters so sometimes I forgot who I was reading about, so I would have to read the paragraph again. Overall, its ok, and I like it. I would recommend it.



021. Take multi-vitamins everyday for a month [26/30]: Only 4 days to go, including today! Yay! Almost completed another goal.

034. Send 50 postcards via http://www.postcrossing.com/ [24/50]: Just about halfway there! Anyone want to direct swap? My username for Post Crossing is missleilanie.

083. Buy a new digital camera: A completed task! I was at the Pawn Exchange with my parents yesterday, and let me tell you, they completely surprised me. I normally only look at the DVDs. Then we got into line to buy the DVDs. The camera case is at the back of the line. While we were waiting, I was showing my mom which one I wanted, for future reference. Mainly because I was bored. Then my dad asked which one I was talking about, and I showed him. We finally got up the counter and my dad asked the lady if he could look at the cameras. I was shocked! I didn't think they were actually gonna get me one. Later, during the ride home, my dad said that they were planning on getting me one for Christmas, but since they found a good one for a good deal (it was 50%, so it only cost $40!), they got it then. I am so happy! I love taking pictures, and being in pictures. I hated not being able to have a camera. My last camera broke beyond repair and I didn't have money for a new one. So here is a picture of my camera! I took in the mirror, that's why its backwards.



Its a Sony Cyber-shot, 7.2 megapixels. Its just like my last one, that broke, except its pink! I've always wanted a pink camera! :] Here is what I got, and its original price, brand new. Its not the exact same one, but its the closest I could find because they don't make the one I've got anymore. But, we got a pretty good deal, don't you think?



087. Own at least 50 piggy banks [11/50]
091. Add 100 more playing card sets to my collection [20/100]
092. Add 200 more DVDs to my collection [41/200]
I would update you guys on these three, but to be honest, I get too many new ones on a normal basis that it would take too long to post pictures of each one, each time. So, for future reference, I am letting you know that I will update on how many new ones I get, but I won't be able to update with pictures and names/titles/descriptions of each one. However, I do promise that at the end, when it is completed, I will update with a picture and names/titles/descriptions of each one. How does that sound?

096. Reach 50 followers on this blog [12/100]: 12 followers! Thank you for following!

No comments: