Friday, February 25, 2011

201 Letters (and Postcards)

Lately I've been spending a lot of time on the Postcrossing forum. I've been so fascinated by sending and receiving mail. A couple of days ago, I received a message from a girl who is home-schooled, along with her two other sisters. Together, they have a project called 2011 Letters. Their goal is to collect 2011 letters, postcards, any piece of mail during the year 2011. It sounded like a great goal and I wanted to start my own as well. But then I thought about it, money-wise. 2011 letters = approx. 2011 dollars. Since I normally send something and then receive something, usually a trade off, I figured I would have to spend at least $2011 dollars in order to receive 2011 letters. So I brought the total down to 201 letters. I feel that's an easier goal for me (and less on my budget). I also participate in many swaps and trades other than letters and postcards so I probably be spending a lot more than $201 anyway. I haven't receive that many pieces of mail so far, so I will count everything beginning of 2011. By definition, my 201 pieces of mail will NOT include bills, statements, junk mail, or anything that isn't really personal. I'm going to college soon, so nothing received from colleges/financial aid don't count either. Only personal letters, postcards, and swaps/tags.

Want to join in? Send me an email at explorelovegrow@gmail.com.
Other ways to contact me: Postcrossing website - Postcrossing Forum
Or, leave a comment below! :]

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Miera Nadhirah said...

what a brilliant idea. I can help send you a personal postcard... hope that helps...
=)
Hugs
Miera